Project title: SMART Start
An European project with the support of the EU Programme Erasmus+
Organisation: NGO ISLANDER
- Main theme for the project: Acquisition of competences (knowledge, skills and attitudes) in order to improve personal development and employability. Support of the professional development of those who work in the field of youth in order to improve the quality of youth work across Europe.
- Profile of the participants: Youth workers, youth leaders, volunteers (there is no age limit) from Erasmus+ programme countries
- Number of participants: 3 people per organisation
- Project type: Erasmus+ Key Action 1. Mobility of Youth Workers. Youth Workers’ Training & Networking.
- Place: Estonia (island of Saaremaa, www.saaremaa.ee)
- Dates and duration: 04.09-11.09.2016 (6 days plus 2 days for travelling)
- Deadline for expression of interest: 24/04/2015
- Contact person: Ingrid Põldemaa E-mail: email@example.com: +372 522 4479
- Cost: Food and accommodation is FREE.
- Participants will be required to pay a participation fee of €40 (cash) at the beginning of the activity.
- Travel cost: we will cover the exact amount of your travel cost according to the receipts you will provide as long as it is not more than the amount foreseen by the European Commission. You can calculate the travel cost using the distance calculator supported by the European Commission http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/distance_en.htm. Travel cost will be reimbursed on display of their boarding passes and receipts.
- Safety & Insurance: a responsibility of the participants.
- How to participate: Send us the mandate (signed and scanned), the applicant ID form and name of the city you come from at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: TC_SMART_ Start
Summary of the project
SMART Start is a training course focusing in entrepreneurship using innovative methods that are already tested in the business world. The project aims in:
- developing the capacity of youth organisations in entrepreneurship;
- strengthening the competences of youth workers to support their target- groups;
- providing the individual participants with skills necessary to succeed both in youth activities and the workplace.
Aims of the project:
- To explore the role of youth work in supporting aspiring young entrepreneurs;
- To map support structures for entrepreneurship and the related actors, policies, programs and financial schemes at national and European level;
- To foster future cooperation between youth workers and other relevant stakeholders;
- To share practices and methods for business creation;
- To make it possible for Estonian successful Start-Up entrepreneurs to share their stories to inspire the participants.
This training activity will be based on the Business Model Canvas, a popular strategic management and entrepreneurial tool. All working activities will aim at fostering intercultural learning and exchange between participants from diverse backgrounds. Methodology will include simulation games, role play, plenary debates, interactive lectures, audio-visual presentations, small and large group discussions, self- assessment and more. There will be field visits to Estonian Start– up companies and visits from successful young entrepreneurs in the training venue so that the participants will have the opportunity to learn from their experiences. With their participation in this capacity-building activity, the trainers and the youth workers will be able to strengthen and support their organisations to tackle social problems, to multiply the impact of youth work, to raise the visibility of their projects.